Welding processes typically emit very bright light that “blinds” the eye as well as machine vision camera systems. Without proper means the visual monitoring of a welding process is impossible.
Cavitar’s laser illumination enables the clear visualization of welding processes without any disturbances as if the process were cold. Our technology can be applied to all major arc welding processes such as GMAW (MIG, MAG) and TIG, as well as to all major beam welding processes including CO2 laser, fiber laser, diode laser, Nd:YAG laser and electron beam sources. In many cases we can also utilize structured laser illumination and provide information about seam or gap topography.
- Process observation from a safe distance and in an ergonomic manner
- Welders can adjust the process in real-time based on the accurate live view
- Images can be used for image analysis and automation
- Images or videos can be stored for quality documentation
- Our laser illumination provides dramatically improved performance as compared e.g. to LED, flash lamp or halogen illumination
- The illumination is highly uniform and bright which results in high-quality images with low speckle content and no motion blur
- Our illumination is compatible with all high and low speed cameras that enable synchronization
Send me more information
Leave us your contact information and our expert will get back to you.
If you wish to further specify your question you can fill in more detailed information by using our general contact form.